Unique Anniversary Gifts for Him – a DIYer's Top 10 List
Choosing the right unique anniversary gift for the special man in your life can be a tough task. There are a million choices, but you want something truly unique to celebrate and renew your love for each other. So to get those creative juices flowing we've curated this list of 10 unique anniversary gifts for him, with a special focus on gifts you can customize, personalize, and make your own.
1. Make him a fleece tie blanket. No stitching required! All you need to make this unique anniversary gift for him is two pieces of fleece and some good sharp scissors. Pick your pattern, maybe his favorite sports team (Fabric.com has a great selection), and follow these instructions from WikiHow.
2. Interactive Travel Maps from PaperRamma. At PaperRamma we love maps. It's hard to beat a map's ability to show a personal journey, and our Interactive Travel Maps are fully customizable, with tons of styles and options to choose from to make a unique anniversary gift for him that can be a centerpiece for years to come. Interfacing one-on-one with a personal Design Guru is included, and so are unlimited changes until you are truly blown away by your design. Let us help you chart the places your romance has taken you, where it finds you now, or where your future adventures await!
3. Custom Adventure Scrap Book/Photo Album from Balmain Design – Your anniversary represents a milestone in your unique journey together; relive the adventure together by making him a scrap book showing how far you've come together. The leather cover is available with more than 20 cover designs to choose from, or Balmain will help you with your own design to create a truly unique anniversary gift for him. This gift goes great with a personalized travel map!
4. Make him a necktie. This is a great DIY project that he can wear at the office or a formal gathering, and you can be sure that he won't mind showing off your skills to his mates. Purl Soho has instructions for making really top notch neckties here.
5. Lyric Tree Prints from PaperRamma. Your song instantly brings back memories, and this beautiful keepsake is a unique anniversary gift for him that's guaranteed to keep you singing – and inspiring you to live out the words of your special song. Your Design Guru will customize this print with the lyrics of your wedding song or words from your wedding vows and your initials "carved" into the tree. Your Design Guru will also work with you to implement the perfect color scheme for your print so it will fit right into your home.
6. Wooden memory chest kit from ShabbyGifts. For the couple with dozens of stories to tell. This personalized wooden chest comes loaded with craft paper and twine, allowing you to capture your shared memories, the funny things you've said together, and all your mutual weirdness in cool little scrolls that will keep him smiling long after you anniversary. These wooden memory chest kits from ShabbyGifts come in a bunch of different styles, and most can be personalized.
7. Photo Quotes from PaperRamma. Simple and beautiful. And easy. Choose a design, send us your favorite photo, and one of our Design Gurus will make you a memorable and unique anniversary gift for him that captures your love on paper or canvas, and you can even include a wedding or anniversary date.
8. DIY love coupons from SimplyyHandmade. Got coups? If you've already searched the Internet for an anniversary gift, you've probably seen some form of "love coupon," little pre-printed vouchers that your giftee can redeem for some kind of special treatment. But these are hardly unique, often including a few coupons that don't fit your particular relationship or that leave you wondering if he really needs a coupon for "cuddle time." Make your own with these DIY love coupons from SimplyyHandmade, or, if you and your man like the thrill of the unknown, check out these scratch-off love notes/coupons from Inklings Paperie and add a touch of randomness to your anniversary gift.
9. Make your own tickets. Is he a movie aficionado? Print With My Pic lets you make the ticket to your heart with templates for creating custom invitations using your own pictures. It's easy, one of a kind, and it's a surefire way to crank up his anticipation for the romance ahead, whether you've got plans to go somewhere special or even if the main event is you.
10. Anniversary book folding patterns from Bookami. For the lovers of literature and origami out there, this book folding pattern is a great way to wish him a happy anniversary in true DIY fashion. Whether you're and old hand at book folding or trying it for the first time, this an easy and eye-catching unique anniversary gift for him that won't break the budget.