6 Unique Gifts for Parents of the Bride / Groom
Your Big Day is approaching, faster than you would have believed possible a year ago, and you've got to get your parents wedding gifts. The list of wedding details extends out the door and around the corner, and you've got to get it right. So what personalized wedding gifts do you get for the parents of the groom / bride? A cursory internet search reveals a variety of picture frames, coffee mugs and one-size-fits-all tchotchkes that might allow you to include a name and date, but don't really capture the uniqueness of your special day. So to help you find the perfect wedding gift for parents, we've put together a list of ideas that blend some of the traditional notions surrounding weddings, family, and growth with a personal touch that transforms the boring into the beautiful while being easy to do yourself.
Photo by Jennifer Wilson Photography
1. Photos and frames: a guide. Likely among the first personalized wedding gifts that catches your eye are wedding-themed photo frames like those found on Etsy. By itself, this is pretty standard fare, but here's how you can take it to the next level: arrange with your photographer to take pictures in advance, in your wedding clothes if possible, with written messages for your parents (ex. "forever your little girl"); this can be used in a variety of personalized gifts, and adds a special something to the standard picture frame gift.
2. Photo Quotes from PaperRamma. Finding the right personalized wedding gifts for your parents, old and new, can be daunting. PaperRamma makes it easy with Photo Quotes for weddings: choose your quote, send your photo, and your personal Design Guru will take care of the rest. Unlimited changes are included in the price, and your Design Guru will work with you to get the design just right before it goes to print, so you know it will be just right. Photo Quotes also come in a variety of sizes, and can be printed on canvas or art paper, so you can find the format that's right for you.
3. Handwritten Letter Box from RememberWhenCeramics. Not your standard wedding gift for parents, these fine porcelain boxes are custom made with your handwritten note on the outside, and you and your spouse's names on the inside with the date of your wedding. Simply write your note, scan it and send it in along with your customizations. Remember When Ceramics can also modify your design to include a variety of colors, and the personalized messages are guaranteed to never fade or scratch off.
4. Family Silhouette Prints from PaperRamma. Family never goes out of style, and neither do these family silhouette prints from PaperRamma. Each print is custom made by a Design Guru, who works with you to create the perfect personalized wedding gift featuring up to twenty silhouettes with names, a quote of your choice, a special tree carving, and custom colors in any shade. Click the link and view the product images to preview many of the available silhouettes.Mom and Dad's eyes will light up with delight when they receive this representation of their new, larger family.
5. Embroidered handkerchiefs from SimplyEmbroidered. Another simple but delightful wedding gift for parents and teary-eyed in-laws, these cotton hankies are made to order with your message in your choice of thread color for both wording and design. Setup is easy, and shipping is free in the United States.
6. Oak Tree from 1-800 Flowers. For many, marriage represents the start of a new family, and for even more it represents the beginning of a new stage of life, of new growth that will continue for many years to come. Give a living gift that will last through the ages with an oak tree, a traditional symbol of wisdom, strength, and endurance, readily available from 1800flowers.com with an optional personalized commemorative plaque.